To encourage and support each KU Student-Athlete in achieving a high level of skill and athleticism, developing an appreciation for the values of Discipline and Sportsmanship, and promoting an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Emphasizes the importance for all of our KU Student-Athletes to be Character-Driven, Academically-Focused, and Consistently Competitive.
- Builds a comprehensive year-round program that facilitates athlete and program growth.
- Contributes as a supervising coach for the KU Summer and Off-Season Strength & Conditioning program.
- Promotes multi-sport athletes and supports all KU sports and activities.
- Actively recruits potential athletes who are not involved in another in-season sport.
- Models responsible behavior on and off the court.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Establishes and oversees clear behavior expectations and guidelines and holds our student-athletes accountable.
- Maintains competency in the rules, procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about the sport.
- Builds a responsible and dedicated coaching staff to support the needs of the Team.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in coaching, strength & conditioning, and program development.
- Required OSAA Certifications and Training Courses, Certifications in First Aid and CPR/AED.
- Must adhere to District COVID Requirements.