Wayzata Public Schools is in search of a Wayzata High School Softball Varsity Head Coach for the upcoming 2023-24 season. WHS softball currently participates in the Lake Conference. The Head Coach will work directly with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities to effectively implement a successful girls softball program working with PWYSA (youth association), conditioning, training, and skill development of players in the community.
- Communicate effectively within and outside the program while maintaining effective professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, managers, coaches, and staff.
- Working with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities, select and manage Assistant Coach(es).
- Schedule games and practice time working with the WHS athletic department.
- Conduct tryouts at the start of the MSHSL softball season according to athletic department practices.
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to participate in training during the MSHSL summer waiver period, fall and spring leagues and training.
- Actively recruit and retain players who attend Wayzata Public Schools.
- Plan and conduct practices.
- Manage strategy and player game time in each game.
- Prior coaching experience at the college and/or high school level.
- Completed MSHSL Continuing Education requirements for head coach.
- Operate team in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and Lake Conference.
- Ability to pass all required background checks.
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills.