Assist and guide participating student athletes to achieve a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship and citizenship. To oversee and promote the specific sports program in accordance with Policies and athletic handbook.
- Coordinates the organization of a softball program.
- Delegates assignments to assistant coaches.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Acts as a liaison person in relating the district softball program to the staff, administration, general public, and local news media.
- Plans and communicates with assistant coaches regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and sport specific success of student athletes.
- Maintains and inventories all equipment.
- Manages the orderly distribution and collection of uniforms and sport specific inventory.
- Models/mentors values of sportsmanship, citizenship and teamwork.
- Monitors proper supervision of student athletes at practices, competitions, locker rooms, and when competing away.
- NYS Coaching Certification.
- Valid NYS First Aid/CPR/AED Certifications.
- Successful previous coaching experience.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals and rules and regulations of softball.