The Head coach for the men’s golf program is responsible for all aspects of the Washburn University Golf Program. This includes operating within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Washburn University, the MIAA conference and the NCAA.
Essential Job Functions of Position:
- Determines and implements strategies necessary to motivate student-athletes to maximize levels of individual and team performance.
- Prepares, organizes and executes effective practices in and out of season as allowed by the NCAA and MIAA rules.
- Tracks academic progress of all student-athletes in the Golf Program. Establishes study programs and enforces requirements for class attendance and course make-up work. Builds relationships that demonstrate interest with each student-athlete and provides support for athletic and academic success.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of MIAA and NCAA DII rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated organizational and management ability.
- Proven ethical character and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.