- Must meet IHSA qualifications to coach per IHSA Constitution and By-Laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to education and district values.
- Experience as a coach in the activity sponsored preferred.
- Experience working in a high school setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
- Is responsible for his/her total program and the understanding of NFHS, IHSA, and SSC rules and regulations.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to district policy.
- Delegates specific duties and supervises implementation of same.
- Assigns, regulates, and supervises all scouting activities.
- Attends required IHSA, SSC, departmental or other meetings.
- Provides input to the Athletic Director with regard to scheduling, transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance staff.