To carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- The assistant coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes press releases and school announcements.
- Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches
- Maintains a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering.
- Attends all staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments.
- Arrives early enough before practice, contests and meetings to adequately prepare and remains long enough afterwards to help players with problems or to become involved in staff discussions.
- Never criticizes, admonishes or argues with any staff member within ears or eyes of players or parents.
- Strives to improve skills by attending clinics and using available resources.