Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- CPR certified.
- Concussion training.
- Coaching authorization with the BOEE.
- Holds organizational meetings for students and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both team and individual development.
- Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices.
- Assigns duties to assistant coaches as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players regarding the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual and/or team development.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.