Responsible for the coordination or for assisting with the coordination of the Kamehameha Athletic Sports program. This includes coaching, instructing students and performing other duties necessary to the development of players and teams, which demonstrates skills and values in keeping with Kamehameha's philosophy of athletics.
- Organizes and supervises well-planned, safe and efficient practices and games by utilizing coaching staff effectively and efficiently.
- Prepares team for games/matches/meets.
- Develops team concept in student-athletes within values-driven framework of the KS organization.
- Promotes sportsmanship and respect for game rules and respect for officials.
- Provides a good balance between skill development and team concepts.
- Addresses each player as part of a team.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in coaching.
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Fundamentals of Coaching Certification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to relate effectively with a variety of individuals to include students, coaches, other KS staff, physicians, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously.
- Previous coaching experience.