Punahou School is actively recruiting a Head Coach for the JV Girls Soccer team. The Head Coach will inspire, motivate, encourage and develop each student athlete, while teaching golf techniques, rules, and strategies. The Head Coach will also teach and model sportsmanship, and develop a team system based on the unique ability of each student athlete. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Soccer team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Five (5) years of positive and effective experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school program preferred.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.