- Satisfactory performance in present position and be outgoing, positive, energetic, self-motivated, and able to work alone and unsupervised. Candidate must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability and willingness to work and communicate positively with students, staff, administrators, parents, community, and press/media.
- Able to teach fundamentals of wrestling along with regulations, rules, and strategies.
- Knowledge of facilities, equipment, and emergency first aid care.
- Commitment to philosophy of fair play and sportsmanship.
- Committed to supporting the school, school district, and athletic conference; attending related meetings.
- Available for practices, contests, and bus trips, including those scheduled on weekends. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job duty.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education.
- Previous record of positive coaching and competitive experience in wrestling.
- Knowledge of MHSAA rules and regulations.