The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and administrative direction for day to day program operations which primarily involves coaching and program planning, and also includes recruiting.
- Educate and instruct student athletes in the training of their sport.
- Instruct student athletes about physical health, teamwork and safety.
- Set an appropriate leadership example in all professional and personal activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct governing student athletes (includes activities when traveling as representatives of the University).
- Contract, direct, and supervise PT (seasonal) assistant coaches.
- Hire and supervise student-employees for program; review and approve hours.
- Determine strategy, identify and actively recruit prospective student athletes.
- Manage a fiscally sound operating budget.
- Great communicator with the ability to lead staff, connect with student athletes and prospective student athletes/recruits.
- Experience and sensitivity working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with financial management/good practices.