The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s golf program, including, but not limited to: recruitment of qualified student athletes, practice planning and organization, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, fundraising, budgeting, scheduling, supervising assistant coaches, administrative duties and compliance with all Simpson and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, physical education, athletic coaching, recreation or another related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Five years successful coaching and recruiting experience at collegiate level, with proven record preferred.
- Ability to serve as a strong Christian role model/mentor for student athletes and actively contribute in the spiritual development of athletes.
- Ability to maintain a strong Christ centered culture for student-athletes within their team activities.
- Ability to demonstrate quality skills for practice.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and interpersonal, in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to complete tasks that have set deadlines.
- Strong ability to attract, recruit, and develop student-athletes.
- Manage, coordinate, and develop all aspects of a successful NAIA collegiate golf program.
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes in accordance with NAIA, Cal Pac Conference and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain a roster size of 20 student-athletes.
- Fundraise a minimum of 6k annually
- Effectively manage scholarship and operation budgets, not exceeding established budget limits.
- Organizing, preparing and executing effective practice, strength training and meet strategies.
- Monitoring and nurturing student-athletes’ academic and personal progress.