The Head Coach provides leadership of all activities related to the Men’s and Women’s Cross Country program including recruitment, runner development, monitoring academic performance, discipline, and social development of student-athletes.
- Recruits quality prospective student-athletes.
- Plans short- and long-term team objectives. Prepares, attends and conducts practice sessions. Teaches individual and group race skills and techniques.
- Develops and implements race strategy and position assignments.
- Develops and manages the program operating budget to ensure program alignment with fiscal allocation. Monitors revenues and expenses, approves all purchases.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans when needed.
- Monitors and maintains discipline and conduct of athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Promotes the athletic program through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED certification or the ability to obtain within three months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the country.
- Five years of full-time coaching experience in higher education athletics.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.