The Head Coach will develop, implement and manage the overall day-to-day operations of the all the men's and women's running programs including cross country, indoor and outdoor track & field.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day operations of the men's and women's cross country teams and the indoor and outdoor track & field teams, including teaching skills and strategies for the specific sport during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to a continue the growth of a highly competitive team.
- Assess skills and instruct student-athletes on technique. This position is responsible for all areas of team performance.
- Monitor and oversee the academic development of cross country and track & field student-athletes, ensuring academic progress to graduation.
- Organize and direct a comprehensive student-athlete support program including promotion of the program, leadership development and student-athlete motivation through programs such as BearUP! and SAAC.
- Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Passion for and commitment to social justice, racial justice, and civic engagement.
- Bachelors degree and 1-2 years of related experience.
- 2-3 years of coaching on the high school or college level.
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test for Coaches by the 2nd full week of the playing and practice season.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community).
- Ability to determine appropriate courses of action and utilize proper techniques to ensure accountability with team recruiting goals.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, administer, and supervise multiple tasks and programs simultaneously within a collegiate athletic department.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce.