- Supervise and direct all aspects of a NCAA Division I men's and women's cross country & track & field programs.
- Supervise the coaching staff and all of their required duties.
- Oversee the academic progress and development of student - athletes with an emphasis on progress towards graduation.
- Manage the budget in a fiscally responsible manner. Raise funds as necessary to supplement the budget.
- Recruit student-athletes who meet University of New Orleans admission and NCAA eligibility standards.
- Oversee and monitor all aspects of a national recruiting program that seeks student-athletes who are qualified academically, athletically and ethically.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 years of cross country and/or track & field experience at the intercollegiate level.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of the NCAA, Southland Conference, University of Louisiana System, and University New Orleans.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel, as required.
- Prior experience in executing quality events/meets in addition to upkeep of facility/equipment.
- Record of accomplishment of recruiting student-athletes that contribute at a high level academically in the classroom.