Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of head coach, men’s & women’s golf. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The coach is responsible for recruiting and organization of the College’s golf program.
- Organizes, in conjunction with the director of athletics, all aspects of the men’s and women’s golf program, including facility, competition, practice schedule and team operations.
- Serves as recruiter for the men’s and women’s golf program, identifies and evaluates students who are a fit for the institution and organizes their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admission.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Works closely with the promotional and fundraising efforts of the athletic department.
- Follows all institutional, G-MAC and NCAA regulations regarding men’s and women’s golf in particular and athletics in general.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Prior NCAA DII golf playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Must have strong team-building and management skills.
- Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to supervise respective staff, as well as understand the student-athletes' commitment to academics, is a must.