The Head Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for all aspects of planning, managing, and developing a successful intercollegiate sports program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University. This is a full-time position, with a general schedule including the traditional season, non-traditional season, recruiting efforts, and ensuring University compliance with NCAA and USA South Conference requirements and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the program abiding by all NCAA, USA South Athletic Conference, Swim Conference and William Peace University rules and regulations.
- Recruit quality student-athletes by personal contact, phone and written correspondence with player, coach and parents.
- Evaluate the ability of prospects in person or through videotape analysis. Must make frequent off-campus trips to watch games/matches/meets.
- Arrange on-campus visits for prospective student-athletes with designated athletic administrator and/or the office of admissions. Ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects.
- Coordinate annually with the Director of Athletics roster goals which are in line with enrollment goals of the University.
- Monitor the eligibility status and provide support and assistance for the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Schedule meets, practices, facility and vehicle use in conjunction with the Director of Athletics and other University staff.
- Schedule and plan practices. Ensure compliance with NCAA regulations on Playing and Practice Seasons.
- Evaluate team and individual performance. Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Prepare meet plans based on scouting reports and team evaluation.
- Collaborate with Strength & Conditioning Coaches.
- Oversee the selection, purchase, fitting and maintenance of team equipment including uniforms and supplies. Submit equipment and budget requests to the Director of Athletics.
- Ensure the safety of student-athletes and staff through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the designated sport.