The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and administrative direction for day to day program operations which primarily involves coaching and program planning, and also includes recruiting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and instruct student athletes in the training of their sport.
- Instruct student athletes about physical health, teamwork and safety.
- Set an appropriate leadership example in all professional and personal activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct governing student athletes (includes activities when traveling as representatives of the University).
- Contract, direct, and supervise PT (seasonal) assistant coaches
- Hire and supervise student-employees for program; review and approve hours.
- Determine strategy, identify and actively recruit prospective student athletes.
- Manage a fiscally sound operating budget.
- Maintain appropriate, professional office hours during the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years college coaching experience; or top level club coaching experience.
- Previous college recruiting experience.
- Familiarity with Front Rush (recruiting tool) or similar.