University of the Sciences (USciences) has an immediate need for a qualified candidate for the position of Head Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis (Part-Time) to join its Athletics Department. Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis is responsible for coaching and administration of the Tennis program. The Head Tennis Coach provides a vital service to the Athletic Department by coordinating and conducting all aspects of the tennis program, including recruiting, scheduling, leadership development, etc. This is the perfect opportunity to join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization required.
- 2 - 3 years experience coaching at the college level preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collegiate experience as a student-athlete is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in a diverse work environment, be attentive to details, have the ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment, maintain confidentiality, handle frequent interruptions and manage multiple projects while keeping an organized workflow.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or be eligible to obtain.
- The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
USciences values and supports a diverse and inclusive place to learn and work. Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.