Eastern Nazarene College, a four-year Christian liberal arts college on Boston’s south shore, is seeking a Head Tennis Coach to support the Department of Athletics and promote the College’s Christian mission by providing primary leadership to the Men’s and Women’s Tennis program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical and tactical skills in the sport of tennis.
- Planning and executing all practice sessions.
- Game day preparation and setup.
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes that understand and fit the institutional mission.
- Coordinate recruitment and campus visits with the Office of Admissions.
- Monitor academic progress and success of student-athletes.
- Collaboration with the scheduling coordinator for all conference and non-conference contests.
- Management of program budgets.
- Fundraising activities to enhance existing budgets.
- Adherence to all NCAA, conference, and college processes and rules.
- A master’s degree in a field related to athletics or administration is preferred (required for teaching in Sports Management Program).
- Must have an established record of excellent leadership, mentoring relationships with students and staff, collegial relationships with staff and faculty, and demonstrated integration of best practices in NCAA Division III athletics.
- Demonstrated successful record of, and commitment to, diversity and gender equity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly with students and their parents, are required.
- Strong organizational and management skills are also necessary to successfully serve in this capacity.