The head coach for Men’s and Women’s Track and Field provides guidance and direction to student athletes, organizes practices and competitions, and maintains positive interactions with student-athletes, alumni, other department coaches and staff, university colleagues and benefactors.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Master’s preferred.
- Background in education, coaching or athletics administration desired.
- Experience as a successful high school or college coach preferred.
- Understanding and commitment to Catholic and Franciscan values; demonstrated knowledge of the sport and ability to teach fundamentals, skill development and competition strategies; commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes; good written, oral, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
1.Responsible for organizing and overseeing all aspects of intercollegiate athletics team.
2.Recruit top quality student-athletes to Viterbo University.
3.Plan practices, prepare team for competition, coordinate off-season training program.
4. Schedule competition, coordinate travel, and manage budget.
5.Monitor and foster academic progress of student-athletes.