The head coach for Men’s and Women’s Track and Field provides guidance and direction to student athletes, organizes practices and competitions, and maintains positive interactions with student-athletes, alumni, other department coaches and staff, university colleagues and benefactors.
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing all aspects of intercollegiate athletics team.
- Recruit top quality student-athletes to Viterbo University.
- Plan practices, prepare team for competition, coordinate off-season training program.
- Schedule competition, coordinate travel, and manage budget.
- Monitor and foster academic progress of student-athletes.
- Coordinate team involvement with community outreach or service projects.
- Generate booster club support and assist with departmental fund-raisers.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Bachelors degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Background in education, coaching or athletics administration desired.
- Experience as a successful high school or college coach preferred.
- Understanding and commitment to Catholic and Franciscan values; demonstrated knowledge of the sport and ability to teach fundamentals, skill development and competition strategies; commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes; good written, oral, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.