The Head Coach for Men’s and Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and coaching expertise to student-athletes within the track and field and cross-country programs. This position involves overseeing the development of both men’s and women’s teams, managing day-to-day operations, and fostering a positive and competitive team culture.
- Recruit, retain, and motivate talented student-athletes for the men’s and women’s track and field/cross-country programs.
- Plan and execute comprehensive practice sessions, emphasizing skill improvement, physical conditioning, and teamwork.
- Plan and coordinate team travel, competitions, and other logistical aspects of the program.
- Provide guidance and support to student-athletes in academic and personal development, fostering a positive and supportive team environment.
- Collaborate with the athletic department on fundraising initiatives and community engagement activities.
- Site Supervision and administrative duties as assigned
- Comply with all NCAA, and United East Conference regulations, as well as institutional policies and procedures.
- Foster positive relationships with alumni, parents, and the broader community to support the program.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Commitment to the academic success and personal development of student-athletes.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of track and field events and cross-country.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA or relevant governing body rules and regulations.