Responsible for providing leadership and direction for all aspects of the Men's and Women's Track & Field programs as they compete competitively in NCAA Division III athletics while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Additional responsibilities include teaching courses in physical education as well as departmental administrative responsibilities.
- Develop team and individual strategies to create an environment of success through effective teaching of technical and fundamental skills in the areas of track & field.
- Responsible for direct supervision of assistant coach(s), and any other personnel management duties as required to maintain a successful staff.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence; establish ways to ensure success for all team members academically, athletically, and socially.
- Maintain a strong connection with the track & field alumni group through communication and relationship development.
- Responsible for successfully managing the program's operating and fundraising budgets.
- Teach physical education courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years of secondary/collegiate coaching experience.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Expertise in sprints, hurdles and jumps is preferred.
Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification preferred but not required.