The athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the principal.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Major sports).
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training
necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools' Board of Education and is responsible for their implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.