Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Coach will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive Men’s Basketball program within the philosophy of Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines.
- Must work effectively with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Lead all aspects of the men’s basketball program.
- Recruit prospective students who can succeed academically, athletically, and socially through their own initiative or with the support of available University resources.
- Utilize available resources to maximize student persistence and retention.
- Develop and implement a coaching strategy that promotes athletic growth and competitiveness.
- Coordinate all administrative functions of the program in compliance with University protocols, including equipment maintenance, travel arrangements, and scheduling facilities.
- In collaboration with the Sports Information Director, implement a modern and responsive social media presence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience; preferably at the college level and with an understanding of Division III.
- Competent knowledge of and playing experience in basketball.
- Proven ability to develop and implement adaptive recruiting and coaching strategies.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn relevant technology, including Microsoft 365 products and industry-specific programs or software.
- A commitment to student engagement in all aspects of the collegiate experience.