Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching during competition and practice, oversight of player development, skills and strategies to achieve success in the institution’s athletics conference at the national level.
- Manage recruitment of prospective student-athletes, oversight of student-athlete academic achievement, discipline and conduct.
- Maintain an atmosphere of compliance with NCAA, conference, institutional and departmental regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage the men’s basketball program staff and the annual men’s basketball budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Perform fundraising, community service, speaking engagements.
- Perform oversight of camps and clinics..
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; proven leadership and communication skills.
Knowledge of Game of basketball, recruiting strategies and techniques, pertinent software for scouting, recruiting, film breakdown, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups and people.