Serves as Head Men’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for all total activities, operations, and policies of the basketball program. Represents the Athletic Department on matters related to basketball at the conference, state, and national levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology or related field.
- Eight years professional coaching experience in respective sport.
- A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
- Directs, plans, and implements overall operation of the basketball program.
- Recommends and manages a budget within University fiscal policies.
- Operates programs within University, state, and national guidelines.
- Fosters a basketball program that promotes a positive image of the University and its mission.
- Manages the available athletic scholarships within requirements of the conference.
- Recruits quality student-athletes in adequate numbers to insure that team performance is capable of meeting institutional goals. Monitors all team travel arrangements.
- Works closely with assistant coaches to assure their understanding and compliance of associations and conference rules and regulations.