Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach is responsible for the oversight and operation of the NCAA Division III varsity intercollegiate men’s track and field, and cross-country programs—including all aspects of coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, and managing the intercollegiate program—within the policies and principles of Haverford College, the Centennial Conference, and the NCAA.
- Ensure compliance with College policies, and state laws, including those pertaining to required clearances, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Oversee the activities of assistant coaches, staff, boosters, and student-athletes to verify compliance, with a mandate to self-report violations.
- Identify, evaluate, recruit, and retain prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate practice planning, skill development, and design coaching strategies.
- Provide support for the coordination and execution of the athletic programs.
- Assist with the supervision and training of athletic programming staff; develop employee manuals and implement training programs and/or internships.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and advertising plans for programs; present materials for camps, clinics, public speaking, and special events.
- Adhere to general and program-specific safety policies, including the communication and enforcement of safety practices; maintain certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers’ License and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- PA Act 153 clearances: Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 background checks.