The Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach will provide leadership, mentorship, instruction, motivation, and support to the men’s club lacrosse program. The goal and objective of DBU Athletics is to develop Champions for Christ, both on and off the playing surface. The four pillars of the DBU Department of Athletics include academic excellence, athletic success, community engagement, and spiritual development.
- Perform job duties in accordance with DBU’s vision, mission, and values, and in a way that contributes to the advancement of the Athletics Department.
- Administer a highly competitive program to include organizing, supervising, and maintaining a schedule of practices and events, coordinating physical conditioning programs with the DBU Athletic Performance staff and instructing student-athletes in strategies and performance principles.
- Provide discipleship to the team and all assistant coaches through weekly team discipleship meetings.
- Support the individual academic goals of student-athletes and provide opportunities for academic assistance to student-athletes if required, monitoring the academic progress of each participating student-athlete.
- Recruit and retain qualified student-athletes for club program.
- Be active in all department-wide fund raising and related professional activities.