The main responsibility of the head coach is recruiting and maintaining a roster of eligible student athletes for the men’s lacrosse program, requiring relationship building through the county high schools to reach coaches, students and parents. Also responsible for supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of the College. This position reports to the Athletic Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop strategies to recruit student athletes.
- Learn NJCAA eligibility requirements for student athletes.
- Hold organizational team meetings.
- Assess student skills and assign team positions.
- Develop regular practice schedule and organize practice time to develop to provide both individual and team development.
- Determine game strategy based on team’s capabilities.
- Work with the Athletic Director and/or Athletic Trainer in scheduling facilities/venues for practices and competitions.
- Supervise assistant coaches.
- Coach and instruct students, individually or in groups, regarding rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a head lacrosse coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with College staff and student athletes.
- Supervisory experience.