The Men’s Head Lacrosse position involves providing overall instruction and management of the men’s soccer team at Davis & Elkins College. D&E is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II and the Mountain East Conference (MEC) and the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). This is a ten-month position.
- Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Proven success in coaching and recruiting or equivalent experience.
- Candidate must possess a commitment to the integrated role athletics play in an institution of higher education.
- Ability to adhere to and ensure compliance with NCAA, MEC, and GMAC rules and regulations and ability to lead and nurture a diverse student and administrative population.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills including the ability to communicate to students, parents, staff, faculty, and external constituents of the college.
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make effective decisions based on facts and sound judgment.
- Instructs student-athletes in all aspects of the sport during practice and competition.
- Identifies, researches, and recruits prospective student-athletes that fit the academic profile of the institution and of the athletic ability to contribute to the success of the program.
- Ensures student-athlete academic success through intervention and campus resources.
- Fundraises to support the operating costs of the program.
- Makes travel arrangements and sets a competitive out-of-conference schedule.
- Stores and issues equipment and ensures purchases are fiscally responsible.