The head Soccer coach will be in charge of the Olivet Nazarene University’s men’s Soccer program. The head coach will be responsible for recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements and the scheduling of practice and game facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and supervise a fall/spring games and practice schedules.
- Work within budgetary guidelines for all phases of the program.
- Arrange transportation through public safety for all matches.
- Recruit and maintain a team varsity and Reserve teams.
- Schedule practice and game facilities through the Facilities Coordinator.
- Provide supervision at all practices and matches.
- Provide players with proper practice opportunities and knowledge to improve their game.
- Keeps the supplies and equipment for their particular sport in full repair and secure. Includes pre and post season inventory (with copy going to Athletic Director) and includes supervising and coordinating the prudent use of these during the season and storage during the remainder of the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
- Possess personal characteristics such as vision and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.