The Head Coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified students for a competitive NCAA DIII varsity men’s soccer team, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate games, and scheduling practice preparation. The Head Coach must demonstrate a vision for the men’s soccer program at Finlandia University.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting student-athlete prospects.
- Knowledge of and experience working within NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Recruitment and retention of at least 24 program-specific student-athletes to the university in the sport of men’s soccer.
- Collaborate with the athletic, academic coordinator, and university faculty to monitor the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Provide leadership to ensure that athletes conduct themselves in a manner consistent with university and athlete codes of conduct, working directly with the Director of Athletics, Dean of Students, and related staff of the Student Development Division.
- Secure a women’s soccer team competition schedule, approved by the Director of Athletics, with appropriate NCAA colleges and universities.
- Arrange travel and lodging accommodations for away competitions and submit appropriate documentation and substantiation per university protocols.
- Submit travel plans and budget requests for all recruitment and athletic competition activities to the Director of Athletics.
- Report game scores to the Sports Information Director.