The Head Coach for Men's Soccer provides leadership and coaching expertise, ensures the academic progress of student-athletes, and participates in athletic fundraising, as approved by the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement (the FCC Foundation) and the Director of Athletics. The Head Coach uses varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and coaching expertise to prepare the mens soccer team to represent the College in an exemplary manner at practice sessions and scheduled athletic contests.
- Cultivate an environment that promotes good sportsmanship, open communication, team discipline, and respect for who participate in the athletic arena.
- Recruit student-athletes by visiting area high schools continuously during the calendar year as part of the Department of Athletics outreach and in accordance with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and FCC Department of Athletics guidelines.
- Participate in fundraising efforts for the Department of Athletics, as approved by the Office of Institutional Advancement and Director of Athletics, following approved College guidelines.
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes and collaborate with the Athletic Department Compliance/Academic Advisor in promoting the academic success of all student-athletes, making appropriate referrals to campus resources for those in need of academic support.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with College coaching.
- Experience with athletic recruiting at the collegiate level.
- Experience with budgets and fiscal management.
- Ability to work independently.