The Men’s Head Soccer Coach is responsible for recruitment, fund-raising, program development, practice preparation, scheduling of games, game day coaching, and all associated travel. Recruiting duties include: scouting, identifying and recommended student athletes in such a manner that encourages diversity, while maintaining a competitive team. Rules compliance duties include: manages the soccer program in full compliance with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Paul D. Camp Community College and the Athletics Department policies and procedures.
- Previous college-level experience in playing or coaching soccer.
- Knowledge in fund-raising and recruiting.
- Ability to apply knowledge of college and NJCAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and critical thinking skills when determining students’ needs.
- Ability to interact with faculty and staff as it relates to student academic needs.
- Ability to relate to potential students with diverse backgrounds.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal automobile, with the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles.
- Available for frequent evening and weekend games and practices.
- Soccer head coaching experience on the college level.
- Experience in fund-raising and recruiting student-athletes.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.