Willamette University announces a full-time position for a Men's Soccer Head Coach. The individual in this position directs all areas associated with the men's soccer program including: practice and competition preparation; student-athlete recruitment; student leadership development; budget management; scheduling and supervision of assistant coaches.
- Directs and coordinates all aspects of the men's soccer program.
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a demanding academic environment.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Prepares and manages program budget, including purchasing of equipment and other supplies as needed.
- Supervises team travel arrangements including accommodations, transportation and meals.
- Observes all conference, NCAA and university rules and regulations.
- Schedules competitions and practices within university, Northwest Conference and NCAA Division III guidelines.
- Supervises and provides assistant coaches with necessary information and training.
- Teaches the fundamental principles and techniques of soccer skills (i.e. competition, traditions and sportsmanship) as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive educational environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- At least five years of successful soccer coaching experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to soccer.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes.