The Head Coach is a full-time professional staff person that provides leadership for particular athletic program(s) reporting to the Director of Athletics. He/she is responsible for developing and leading a highly competitive and formational program that is in support of the Student Life and Athletics purpose and outcomes. He/she contributes to the health and vitality of the athletics department through strong collaboration with colleagues across campus and through positive participation in departmental projects, tasks, and/or operations.
- Develop a program that consistently competes at a high level (including but not limited to win-loss record, conference leadership, post-season competition, sportsmanship, etc.).
- Develop a program that consistently fosters student-athletes spiritual, professional, and leadership identities.
- Develop a program of student-athletes that are positively engaged academically and communally (i.e. campus involvement and/or leadership, academic achievements, local community involvement, etc).
- Establish and communicate program/season objectives and goals.
- Develop and implement practice and training schedules.
- Hire, train, and supervise an assistant coaching staff.
- Maintain equipment and playing surface conditions ensuring their readiness for competition.
- Manage allotted program budget(s).
- Develop and highlight an annual Champions of Character initiative.
- Ensure compliance with relevant sport or affiliation bylaws and standards (CCAC, NAIA, and NCCAA).
Trinity Christian College embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all.