The Head Coach provides leadership, vision, and strategic plan for OSU Men’s Soccer Program. Manages all aspects of an intercollegiate athletic team, which includes and is not limited to: management of academic success, budget management, recruiting, teaching/coaching soccer skills, planning and execution of workouts, scheduling opponents, maintaining program integrity with respect to NCAA, PAC-12, OSU rules and regulations, equipment ordering, travel planning, and fundraising.
- Provides general leadership and training for a team of 15-40 college aged men.
- Directs workouts and coordinates with strength and conditioning for appropriate dry land and skill set training.
- Teaches and coaches specific soccer skills and strategies.
- Provides a safe environment for workout and independently makes decisions regarding the nature of workouts given the weather conditions.
- Provides a balanced environment for students to pursue academic endeavors.
- Provides leadership, supervision and direction for assigned staff.
- Plans, assigns and reviews work.
- Establishes goals for each position and assesses performance through completion of evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of choice.
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NCAA rules and regulations.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.