The Intercollegiate Athletics department at Barry University seeks a full time Men's Tennis Head Coach. The Head Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of a nationally competitive athletic program in accordance with Barry University, the Sunshine State Conference, and NCAA DII regulations. S(h)e will provide an environment that supports the mission of the University and the mental, physical, academic and athletic success of his/her student-athletes.
- Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and instruct/teach practice sessions in conjunction with intercollegiate contests.
- Recruits and works with quality student-athletes with the purpose that all students graduate from Barry University.
- Develops game preparation and strategies, conditions and trains student-athletes to develop skill, character and team work.
- Establishes and maintains an organized recruiting system and is responsible for directing the program within the scope of the intercollegiate athletics program.
- The Head Coach recruits academically qualified student-athletes who form a competitive squad and meet established academic goals and objectives of the department of intercollegiate athletics and provides service to the community and participation in university wide events.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Adept at written and oral communication.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.