As the Head Coach for Men's Tennis, you will direct all aspects of the Team program as well as manage a well-organized and effective program that meets established short and long term athletic, academic, personnel and fiscal objectives.
- Establish the direction, training and motivation to assistant coaches and student-athletes for efficient and effective practices and competition.
- Establish the program standard for adherence to sport performance principles, game strategies, and safety rules and regulations.
- With input from assistant coaches, evaluate performance of student-athletes in all practice sessions and competitive games, and analyze data/statistics for achievement of athletics objectives.
- With input from assistant coaches, direct all aspects of the process of recruiting highly selective academic and athletic student-athletes.
- Determine whether or not to extend official campus visits and/or athletic grant-in-aid support.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years coaching experience at the collegiate level. Playing experience at the collegiate level or above may be substituted for coaching experience.
- Knowledge of sport-specific fundamentals, techniques, and safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, communicate and adhere to University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA policies, procedures.
- Excellent communication (oral and written, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation), planning, organizational, interviewing, strength training and counseling skills.