Quinnipiac Bobcats seek a Head Coach for Men's Tennis to be responsible for all program management including coaching, administration, coordination and recruitment of a collegiate men’s tennis program. This position focuses on the total development of the student-athlete. This is a part-time, benefits-eligible position.
- Manage and direct the men’s tennis program.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA and MAAC Conference rules and regulations.
- Lead team administrative planning and scheduling in coordination with the Director of Tennis.
- Develop and administer a comprehensive training program for student-athletes that results in competition readiness.
- Attend team practices and matches.
- Recruit student-athletes who will be successful at Quinnipiac.
- Lead community service efforts for team members.
- 1-2 years of experience in coaching or playing tennis.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous successful men’s tennis playing and/or coaching experience at the college level.
- Experience in recruiting is preferred but not required.
- Experience with the administration and coordination of a collegiate tennis program which focuses on the total development of the student-athlete is preferred.
- Proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the national tennis community.
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.