The Head Coach of Men's Tennis program at the University of Pennsylvania is responsible for recruiting, training, and counseling of student athletes, fundraising, budget management, and alumni relations activities. Reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director.
- Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student athletes at practice and competition, including preparation for said practice and competition.
- Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises and any sport specific needs.
- Prepare and execute practice and competition plans.
- Provide instruction and advice before, during, and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the University through mail, phone, and in-person contact.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required and 3 years to 5 years of coaching experience in a successful and highly competitive collegiate program.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and counsel student-athletes in a highly competitive academic environment; familiarity with Ivy League philosophy and NCAA rules and regulations highly desirable.
- Candidate must possess strong communications and management skills.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel with the team or when recruiting as required.
- Valid drivers license required.