The head coach is responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program, in consultation with the Director of Athletics, demonstrating high moral and ethical behavior and good sportsmanship.
- Assist the Director with the recruitment and selection of assistant coach(es).
- Recruit student athletes, which includes scouting and provide assistance with the College’s enrollment process.
- Coordinate tryout and selection process of prospective student athletes.
- Schedule practices, pre-season and out-of-conference competitions, with complete schedule submitted to the Director prior to the beginning of the season.
- Submit complete team roster with required supporting documentation at least two weeks prior to the first event of the season; obtain approval from the Director for any additional students before granting permission to participate.
- In collaboration with the Equipment Manager, distribute and collect all team uniforms and equipment in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate fitness center demonstrations and off-season training for all team members in collaboration with the Fitness Center Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
- At least, one year of experience in coaching college-level basketball required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to student athletes.
- Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit athletic talent is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.