Under general supervision of the Athletics Director, the Head Coach, Men's Volleyball Coach is responsible for the management of the Men’s Volleyball program. The incumbent is responsible for practice and game day coaching; identifying, evaluating, and recruiting academically qualified student-athletes and monitoring their academic progress.
- Develops a competitive schedule; adheres to university and departmental practices relating to expenditures; cultivates and maintains effective relations with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the University.
- Plays a leadership role in fundraising for the program, department, and University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of one (1) year of: demonstrated coaching and recruiting experience; and/or professional league playing experience; and/or experience which would provide adequate training to coach at the Division I collegiate level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to Men’s Volleyball. Demonstrated coaching and recruiting success at the collegiate level.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; strong commitment to the academic achievement of student athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population; the ability to act as a mentor and leader; fundraising experience is desirable.