- Assist the Director with the recruitment and selection of assistant coach(es).
- Recruit student athletes, which includes scouting and provide assistance with the College’s enrollment process.
- Coordinate tryout and selection process of prospective student athletes.
- Schedule practices, pre-season and out-of-conference competitions, with complete schedule submitted to the Director prior to the beginning of the season.
- Submit complete team roster with required supporting documentation at least two weeks prior to the first event of the season; obtain approval from the Director for any additional students before granting permission to participate.
- In collaboration with the equipment manager, distribute and collect all team uniforms and equipment in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate fitness center demonstrations and off-season training for all team members in collaboration with the fitness center coordinator.
- Direct physical conditioning of players to achieve maximum athletic performance and provide instruction on the techniques of the game/event.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
- At least, one year of experience in coaching college-level volleyball required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to student athletes.
- Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit athletic talent is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and management practices.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.