The Men’s & Women’s Cross Country Team competes at the NCAA Division II level and is a member of the PSAC. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Develops and maintains all aspects of a successful NCAA Division II cross country team for the Athletic Department at Gannon University.
- Provides direction, coordination, and instruction to Gannon’s cross country team and during the spring track season.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes; including international recruiting.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable University, NCAA, and Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) rules, regulations, and policies.
- Counsel team members in academics, team expectations, and personal matters. Consults with appropriate personnel for support and resolution of issues as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous competitive coaching experience is required; preferably at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA and PSAC rules and proven success in recruiting, staff management, and promotion of student-athletes in their academic and athletic experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational and time management skills; technical knowledge of skills and strategy combined with the ability to effectively teach and coach them; ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student-athletes; willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified candidates to the University; strong administrative skills such as prioritization, organization, and budgeting; ability to work independently and to work under pressure.