The purpose of the Head Coach - Men’s & Women’s Golf position is to develop Christ-centered excellence, to mentor and challenge student-athletes to grow spiritually (discipleship), academically, athletically, to provide opportunities for Christian service through the medium of golf and to be consistently competitive at the championship level.
- Recruit and graduate student-athletes who maintain the standards of the university and department.
- Recruit, mentor and supervise assistant coach(s).
- Schedule practices, games, transportation/accommodations and travel itineraries for road contests with the approval of the Athletic Administration team and in coordination with the Administrative Assistant to Athletics and sport administrator.
- Disciple and assist with character development of student-athletes.
- Plan and be engaged in community service activities.
- Represent the University at conference and national meetings as assigned.
- Knowledge of and committed to William Jessup University mission statement and philosophy, the NAIA, and conference rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of golf.
- Coaching or recruiting experience.
- Experience supervising volunteers.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and is eligible to drive on University-related business (i.e. to practices, games, etc. including transporting students) according to WJU insurance requirements.
- Exhibit and articulate a vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, proficiency in oral and written communication, public relations skills, and strong self-motivation characteristics.