The Head Coach oversees all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Golf programs.
Mars Hill competes at the NCAA Division II level and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to the academic success of the student-athletes in the program that leads to graduation through a positive collegiate experience.
- Responsible for compliance with NCAA, SAC and Mars Hill University policies and regulations.
- Organize individualized and team instruction with emphasis on teaching all skills and strategies associated with the sport.
- Oversee day-to-day program administration.
- Recruit and award scholarships to quality student-athletes who are committed to the University’s mission.
- Schedule travel, officials and meals for team.
- Provide academic support and oversight for all student-athletes.
- Works with the Sports Information Director regarding rosters, publicity, player awards and promotions.
- Oversee player development and evaluation.
- Responsible for fundraising and community service activities.
- Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree with a successful coaching background in Men’s and Women’s Golf.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to produce and manage Men’s and Women’s Golf programs are important.
MHU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who fully support MHU’s mission. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.