The Head Coach for Men’s/Women’s Soccer is responsible for managing an intercollegiate soccer program to include recruiting, instructing, and coaching students and coordinating various program related activities. The Head Coach of Men’s/Women’s Soccer is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Central Wyoming College and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for the athletic teams.
- Plan, direct, and coach the program that develops student/athletes’ fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run.
- Ensure compliance with and abide by National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the program.
- Recruit student athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success, and support general student recruitment in cooperation with the admissions office.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Registrar and the Athletic department in certifying student eligibility.
- Develop student athletes intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and interpersonally within the college’s values to aid student athletes in meeting individual and team academic and performance goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports science, or other directly related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Three years coaching experience.
- First Aid and CPR certified or ability to be certified within 90 days of hire.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.